PROJECT MANAGER WITH SPECIAL EXPERIENCE: OFCI (Owner Furnished Contractor Installed) – Medium Voltage Electrical Equipment (Switch Gear, Transformer, Substation Electrical Equipment)
The primary responsibility of the Project Manager is to support the efforts of Chateau Energy Solutions to plan and execute OFCI projects consisting of medium voltage electrical equipment (switch gear, transformer, substation electrical equipment). The Project Manager will manage all aspects of these projects from orders received to project completion with direct responsibility for project execution, as well as providing technical support during the business development process. You will work in a collaborative team environment alongside sales, engineers, project developers, project administration, consultants, and owners through the completion of the assigned projects.
- Sales project development support to produce proposal/quotes for end user customers.
- Function as the main point of contact with the client, building a strong sustainable client relationship by anticipating and assessing client needs, investigating client concerns, implementing corrective action, and communicating with client and assigned staff.
- Update the project tracker in coordination with the project administrator.
- Initiate the project transition from proposal stage to contract stage working with the client to get all information needed to input the material order (customer set up information, P.O., W9). Also gather all necessary information to provide back to the client (COI, T&C’s, etc.)
- Work with the project administrator to input all information needed for the material order with the manufacturer. Coordinate with the manufacturer on the production of the equipment, FAT, shipping information, delivery and start up dates.
- File project development data on appropriate server locations.
- Once the order is placed with the manufacturer:
- Track Project Progress through all gates, communicate with the client.
- Work with sales and manufacturer if there are any changes to project order.
- Maintain construction reports and spreadsheets with the project administrator.
- Participate in the weekly/monthly projects calls with the client.
- Resolve any shipment delays with the manufacturer and client.
- Coordinate the invoicing with the project administrator upon material shipment.
- Create Submittals, FAT Reports, Site Labor Reports, O&M’s and other project related documents.
- Coordinate the input of information needed for the client’s job tracking software, if applicable, and provides client requested timely product order status updates.
- Attends the factory testing and site startup with the client.
- Complete any site inspection/ commissioning reports for the MV Switchgear, Transformers, CX Boards, and PDU’s.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Reports to the Vice President of Operations
- College degree with 2-3 years of experience (or 5–10 years of experience) in electrical equipment sales/installation (MV switchgear, transformers, substations, CX boards and PDU’s)
- Experience in project management or operations management role is a plus
- SEL, S&C, Howard and/or other manufacturer product service training is a plus
- OSHA 10/40, NFPA 70E, Ansi/NETA (MTS and ATS) certifications is a plus
- Basic AutoCAD drafting is a plus
- High sense of urgency and expert level organizational skills required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite is required
- Ability to manage conflict and provide resolution
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent business analysis capabilities
- Proven time management skills
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary + bonus
- 3 weeks personnel time off (PTO)
- 11 paid holidays
- Volunteer time off (VTO)
- Office closes the week of Christmas
- Competitive company benefits include healthcare, insurance, and 401(k) plan
- Reimbursed travel and entertainment expenses
- Opportunity for growth
- Office is located in Sandy Springs, Georgia. Primarily in office work, with some remote work flexibility
Salary range is $85 – $105k depending on level of experience.